Friday 8 March 2013

Meet Familiarise Friday's Cat

Familiarise Friday has a treat today. I'm not only having the opportunity to interview a great character, I'm also getting to meet her other half! My Wild Rose Press author friend - Joanne Stewart - has sent along Cat Edwards from her recent Crimson Romance release  'Her Knight in Black Leather'. Cat's been finding it difficult to be separated from her new love so... Michael Brant has come along too!  





Let's meet Cat...and Michael. Michael? I'm sure you'll be wanting to add a little as we go, but I'm going to direct the questions to Cat, if you don't mind.


Okay Cat. Describe yourself using only 6 words.

Cat: Hmm…Quiet, shy, bookworm…

*slips an arm around and pulls her close* sexy, warm, and big-hearted as hell. I almost got her killed and she still fell in love with me.

Thank you ... both...  for the combination of 6 words. Why was I fairly sure you'd be jumping in, Michael? Just kidding! 
Where are you from Cat?

I was born in Crest Point. It’s a small town in Oregon.

I loved Oregon! I drove from California to Vancouver (CA) via Oregon, a few years ago, and there were some truly fantastic places to visit- especially as it was between Christmas and New Year. Is that where you're currently living?

Same place. Still in Crest Point. I moved out after high school, but I came back a couple of years ago, when my stepmother, Judy, got sick.

What’s your main occupation just now, Cat?

I work in my father’s bookshop.

What kind of things make you happy?

Oh gosh, lots of things. Sitting on the back deck with Michael and watching the waves roll in. Making breakfast together in the mornings. Sitting somewhere with a glass of wine and a good book. Hanging around my father’s bookshop.

*Leans over and gives Michael a kiss on the cheek* And Michael. It’s cliché and sappy, I know, but Michael makes me happy.

You've been granted a whole week where you can choose every single thing you want to do. What would that be? (Ahem. Answers within reason for the average blog visitor please!)  

*sighs happily* Bury me in books and feed me chocolate. I’m not sure it gets better than that.

 Really? I’m not in there at all?

*blushes* She said G-rated, babe….

Surrounded by books all day in a bookstore must make this a really difficult question, but what’s your favourite reading material?

The classics. I’m a big Jane Austin fan.

You've decided to begin a new hobby. What would it be?


Motorcycle riding. Michael says he’s going to teach me to ride.

Who, or what, is the love of your life?

Michael Brant. The most humble millionaire I’ve ever met. He owns a very successful custom bike shop down in L.A.

What is your biggest goal for 2013?

We’re moving back to Crest Point. Michael’s finally moving back home and opening another bike shop. It’s big news for us.

And a family. We’re also planning on starting a family. 

Sounds like you've both got your future sealed. Thanks for answering my questions.

Thanks very much for having us today.

My pleasure, Cat. Now let's find out more about  'Her Knight In Black Leather'.


Cat Edwards has spent her life playing the wallflower in an effort to escape the repressive weight of her mother’s tarnished name. Dragged to a bar by her best friend in an effort to forget a broken heart, the shy bookworm is determined to be someone else for the night, but quickly gets in over her head. She discovers chivalry isn’t dead after all when a mysterious stranger comes to her rescue. He’s wearing black leather and a mischievous smile that promises to be exactly what she needs.

When his terminally ill father suffers a setback, Michael Brant returns to the town he swore ten years ago he’d never return to. He’s come back this time determined to make peace with the past, but being home brings up memories he doesn’t want to remember anymore. His first night in town, he’s captured by a damsel in distress. Cat’s beauty is made all the more alluring when he realizes she has no idea who he is. He can’t resist spending a single night in her arms. With her, he’s only a man, disconnected from his family’s name and the past that haunts him here.

As the town erupts with the news of his return, Michael’s dark past comes back to haunt him, putting Cat in danger. Someone is threatening her life and the life of her family. Desperate to keep history from repeating itself, Michael offers her his family’s name in order to keep her safe. When the lie spirals beyond their control, can they stop their hearts from becoming entangled as well?  


Excerpt:
He touched her arm, hoping to ease the fear all but screaming at him from her eyes. “What happened this morning?”

Cat’s head turned as she darted a glance around her, before her gaze finally settled on him again. “I was threatened. A very angry digitized voice called me names and told me I’d pay for my indiscretions.”

Anger surged in his chest, settling in his gut like hot coals that set fire to his blood. That goddamn article. Someone dragged her into his mess. “Have you called the sheriff?”

She nodded. “Yeah, but it didn’t do me any good. He said he’d log the complaint and to let him know if I get any more, but unless I’m being threatened in person, there isn’t much he can do. The calls are coming from one of those prepaid cell phones, but the phone was registered to someone who doesn’t exist.”

“A fake name.”

She nodded and turned to stare at the ground, her whole demeanor taking on a soft vulnerability that twisted at his insides. The calls clearly frightened her, and an overpowering need to protect her surged in his gut.

The rebel in him flared to life like an old, familiar friend. Whenever someone pushed unfairly, something within him always pushed back. The way she looked now reminded him too much of the pain he heard in her voice as they stood in the gazebo during the fireworks. She was being threatened, and the intimidation worked. Anger surged in his blood. Damned if he’d sit by and allow someone to take that fire from her.

Before he could stop himself, he cupped her face in his palms and seized her mouth. He allowed himself a moment to revel in the sweetness of her lips, the way they melted beneath his own as her body leaned ever so subtly into his, then released her.

“Let ’em object to that indiscretion.” He furrowed his brow, not bothering to hide the scorn in his tone. “Whoever’s got you in their sights now has me to contend with. Come on, I’ll take you home.”

Buy from:
Crimson: http://www.crimsonromance.com/upcoming-releases-romance-ebook/her-knight-in-black-leather
Crimson Romance

J.M. Stewart writes sweet and heartwarming contemporary romance with a touch of passion. She’s a wife, a mother, a spiritualist, and lover of puppies, and happily addicted to coffee and chocolate. She lives in the Great Rainy Northwest with her husband of sixteen years and their two sons. She’s a hopeless romantic who believe everybody should have their happily-ever-after and has been devouring romance novels for as long as she can remember. Writing them has become her passion.


Where you can find Joanne on the web:


It's been lovely getting to know Cat and Michael. Thank you, Joanne, for sending them to Familiarise Friday, and best wishes with sales for your new books.

Slainthe!

2 comments:

  1. This was such a fun interview, Nancy! Thanks so much for having me (er, us)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Delighted to welcome you anytime, Joanne. You always being such lovely people with you!

      Delete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please pop your thoughts about this post in the comment box. :-)