Sunday 9 September 2012

My thanks to Mary Rose

A brand new 5 ***** review for The Beltane Choice  has come in from Mary Rose on amazon.com . Thank you, Mary Rose for such a delightful review. I'm very pleased to have such a satisfied customer! Here's what she has to say about it....



'I was riveted by this story of the Celts indigenous to the area of southern Scotland and northern England - not too much has been written about this turbulent time for the tribes, the Roman invasion.

Nancy Jardine has woven a tempestuous love story between a woman warrior, formerly a Priestess, with a past full of tragic circumstances and a warrior prince from another tribe that is usually at war with her own tribe. The sexual magnetism between these two is irresistable.

At the same time, the tribes are beginning to realize that they must come together in unity to defeat the relentless march of the Roman legions.

The author has created a wonderful look into the life inside a hill fort, with well defined characters - some sympathetic and some not so much. I thoroughly enjoyed The Beltane Choice!'


 http://www.amazon.com/The-Beltane-Choice-ebook/dp/B009372608/ref=pd_rhf_se_p_t_1

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nancy
    I've just found your book... and seen the nice trailers...
    Quite curious I am now writing you from a place called Ceriale along the ancient Julia Augusta roman road...
    and one of the origins of the name are due to Petilius Cerialis who lived here...
    Is the book just a beautiful fiction novel or it contains also historical data about Petilius and his stay around here... thanks, have a nice day, Enrico

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Enrico. My novel is a work of fiction, though I have used facts as my basis for some of the events. The link to Quintus Petilius Cerialis in The Beltane Choice is due to his northwards surges to conquer land in what is now the north of England. This military campaign to dominate more land was when he was Governor of Roman Britain (Britannia) during A.D. 70-74, as is documented by Tacitus, and Livy. It's possible if you're referring to a place called Ceriale in another country (Italy maybe) then it could be a family link. There was a later Cerialis documented around the A.D. 90ish who may be the one who gave the road the origins. I would have to do some more research before I could give you a positive answer about the road you mention. I am presently arranging to borrow more books about Cerialis but mainly in relation to his garrison at Eboracum (present day York/England). I'm sorry I can't help any further right now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please pop your thoughts about this post in the comment box. :-)