Tuesday 7 April 2020

Missed the 6th!

Hah! 

I was so busy reading my new copy of The Illustrated Declaration of Arbroath yesterday, that I forgot to post more about it! I do intend to do a bit more about the 700th Anniversary of the Declaration of Arbroath, when the official celebrations actually happen, though who knows how long that may be.  A big gathering of any kind won't be happening till COVID 19 is under control. 

Today, only a few images borrowed from Wikipedia to show where I would have been sunning myself if I had been on our planned cruise Holiday. 

Santa Cruz, Tenerife.
On the 6th of April 2020, I was supposed to have been having a short on shore coach tour of Santa Cruz, Tenerife.

The beach looks pretty short and stony - not much different from many Scottish beaches but it should have been so much warmer. Our tour would, hopefully, have taken me to lovely places to take wonderful photos of. 




Las Palmas, Gran Canaria
Today, the 7th April we should have been taking a shore trip to Las Palmas, Gran Canaria.  I was looking forward to seeing something of the old town and its architecture. 














And tomorrow, the 8th April,  we were to have one more shore trip to Arrecife, Tenerife. I was looking forward to going a bit out of the city and into the hinterland, though not quite so far as Mount Teide. 







Instead, I've been spending time doing garden jobs that I'd have had to do when I came aback from my holiday - so all is not lost. Should I visit any of these places another time, I'll take tons of photos to remind me of the heat and the sun.

(ps to be fair it was sunny in Scotland today, and maybe 13 deg.C, so okay with a jumper on!)

SlĂ inte!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. Please pop your thoughts about this post in the comment box. :-)