Saturday 4 April 2020

#Dunera Cruise 1967 photos

Update! To my post about my school cruise on the Dunera cruise ship in 1967.

I knew I had some photographs and here are a few of them. I'm a rubbish photographer now, was even worse back then, but here are a few of them in all their (mostly) black and white glory. I can vaguely remember having a very neat little (point and shoot) Kodak camera which loaded cartridges. It appears I wasn't very skilled at deciding on light factors etc...ahem!

I have posted those I have on my Facebook page in the hope that my fellow Waverley Secondary pupils will add details to them. https://www.facebook.com/nancy.jardine.56  (I don't know how to highlight specific posts but they were all posted on 4th April 2020 if that helps find them)

Lisbon was our first port. I think I remember running back down this huge avenue.
Lisbon

Lisbon- Padrao dos Descobrimentos

Port 2 was Gibraltar


Gibraltar- the ubiquitous  GB phone box

Port 3 was Oporto.

Unknown destination but maybe Oporto?

Port 3 was Oporto but I have nothing definite to show of it. Or of Vigo (port 4), the place we visited after our coach tour, from Oporto - apart from the Winery label posted yesterday.

Port 5 was Zeebrugge, Belgium, where we took a coach to Bruges to do some sightseeing. We obviously went to the Cathedral since this photo is of the Michelangelo statue of Madonna of Bruges! 

I do have more, very poor quality photos, but they contain people I have no names for. If you were also a pupil at Waverley Secondary School, Glasgow in 1967 you night know some of the people in the photo albums on my facebook page (link above)

I found a few useful links to Dunera cruises that are worth a look, if you need to while away some hours during this Coronavirus lockdown. It seems she may have been the first schools cruise ship but was also decommissioned in 1967, after I was on it but not my fault! (It was a bit of a tub) :-)




Enjoy! 

SlĂ inthe!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. Please pop your thoughts about this post in the comment box. :-)