Monday 9 March 2020

Off to pastures known!


Happy Monday to you! 

Turriff Library, Aberdeenshire
I’m off on a 50 mile round trip this afternoon, a visit that was postponed 2 weeks ago because of expected snowfall. My destination is the U3A Turriff History Group, which meets in Turriff Library, Aberdeenshire. I'm giving an author presentation and I can honestly say it's so lovely to go to a group like this, because history is also their passion!

I must have done something right in 2018, because the group have requested that I come back a second time. They want me to tell them more about Roman Scotland, and give them an update on my writing progress. I’m told they also have a lovely set of questions prepared to quiz me on, so I certainly hope I know the answers. My main problem is that recall under pressure isn’t always that good, but I’ll give it my very best shot.


The morning is beautiful, though it started a cold one.  I’m looking forward to a lovely country drive because that is what Turriff means to me. I have two possible routes to use to drive northwards and I’m choosing to use the different one from I used in 2018.



General Gnaeus Iulius Agricola- c. Nancy Jardine 
For the last visit, my presentation gave information on Ancient Roman Army movements in Aberdeenshire, North-East Scotland. Today, my focus is more on the Emperors who were in place during the early invasions of Caledonia, and on General Agricola (his career). I'm also mentioning the largest and most impressive of the Roman installations Agricola was likely to have been responsible for across Scotland. I've ferreted out some new (to me) images to use to keep the presentation fresh. One of the hazards/ excitements about giving PowerPoint Presentations is to keep them fresh, for the venues I attend... and also for me! 

Updates may follow later. 

SlĂ inte!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. Please pop your thoughts about this post in the comment box. :-)