Sunday 24 February 2019

3rd week of #pressjournal feature!

The Weekend (for me) is almost gone!

I've had two days of heavy pruning in my garden, mainly Lilac trees and bushes but also apples and weigela. Pruning so heavily at this time of February during some years would be a recipe for disaster, but in my part of Scotland we haven't really had much of a winter. The forthcoming week is set to be mild for the time of year, even record breaking temperatures of above 15 Deg C. which is truly amazing. I'm hoping now to burn off my many piles of cuttings on the garden bonfire, tomorrow if there is no wind of note.

That doesn't, of course, mean we won't still have deep winter conditions, because that happened this time last year at the end of February into March when the 'Beast from the East' descended. The weather pattern of deep and prolonged snow and very cold temperatures was named thus since it came to Scotland from an easterly direction.

But... my weekend isn't over yet, not before I make mention of the 3rd week of my Press and Journal Weekend Magazine feature. Saturday 23rd's edition of the Press and Journal newspaper, the largest newspaper in NE Scotland, ran the second excerpt from Agricola's Bane. This time it is Agricola who is introduced the newspaper the readership.

I've been really honoured to have been given the opportunity to have my work read and noticed by more potential readers- even if the statistics don't show that I've sold all that many copies. New readers are always a great thing! 


It's not easy to read from a scan of the newspaper, as below, but the novel is readily available from Amazon HERE.




Slainthe! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. Please pop your thoughts about this post in the comment box. :-)