Thursday 21 November 2019

#BookWeek Scotland 2019

Can I believe the past week is almost gone? And that BookWeek Scotland 2019 has been active for many days now? 

The answer is easy - no, yet the days have passed in a blur of all sorts of issues both writerly and domestic. It's been busy this week though entirely different from last year during BookWeek Scotland 2018 when I launched Book 4 of my Celtic Fervour Saga Series - Agricola's Bane. It's incredible to believe that a whole year has passed, but Book 5 of the series will come in due course, not swiftly on the heels of Book 4, but in its own time! 



On the writing front, I haven't done anything specific this year for #BookWeek Scotland but it's a time of year which I definitely celebrate! Reading has always been a hugely important factor in my life and during my time as a practising primary teacher reading of some sort was a daily task. Teaching the importance of reading was never a chore since it was ingrained in my own personal development. 

I can never imagine a day going past without me reading something or other. Fortunately, I've had few instances of being seriously ill and unable to read anything at all for a day. 

Reading can be an escape to another world, and it can easily transport you to a different existence, providing the writing is good. When under any kind of stress, my escape route will probably always be to immerse myself in a novel. That said, I've been trying to fit in as much personal leisure reading as possible this week since my publishing trials with IngramSpark have ground to a halt, hopefully a temporary one. Updates on that front as soon as the procedures are completed. 

Tomorrow, given some free time from pressing domestic issues, I'll be trying to catch up with reviewing books that I've read during the last couple of months. 

Whatever you're currently reading - enjoy! 

Slainthe! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. Please pop your thoughts about this post in the comment box. :-)