Sunday 4 February 2018

Sunday Surprise - #Edinburgh and #Hunter's Chase!

Good Morning!


It's Sunday and I'm not running a particular theme today but a new friend, Val Penny, a Crooked Cat  Books author, has recently had her first novel launched. Val's here to tell us a little bit about it.

Welcome to my blog, Val. I adore visiting #Edinburgh though I'm maybe not so keen to know it's a place of horrible crime...just as well you're writing fiction! Please give us an idea of what Hunter's Chase is all about. 

BTW  - I think the title is really evocative of locations in central Edinburgh, you know the ones that are ....'somebody's Close' and the cover design is ...arresting! 

Hello Nancy, I am pleased to be visiting your blog today.

My novel, 'Hunter's Chase' is a crime thriller that falls squarely within the Tartan Noire genre. The main protagonist is Detective Inspector Hunter Wilson. The story begins when DI Hunter Wilson knows there is a new supply of cocaine flooding his city, Edinburgh, Scotland. He needs to find the source but his attention is transferred to murder when a corpse is discovered in the grounds of a golf course.
           
Shortly after the post-mortem, Hunter witnesses a second murder but that is not the end of the slaughter. With a young woman's life also hanging in the balance, the last thing Hunter needs is a new man on his team: the son of his nemesis, the former Chief Constable. Hunter's perseverance and patience are put to the test time after time in this taut crime thriller. Hunter by name – Hunter by nature: DI Hunter Wilson will not rest until Edinburgh is safe.
           
I set 'Hunter's Chase' in Edinburgh, the capital of Scotland because it is a city I know well. I did consider creating an imaginary town for him. However, Edinburgh has everything a writer could need. It is a diverse city with all different kinds of buildings and people. It is small enough that characters can move around it quickly and large enough for it to be credible that anything I want to happen there, could happen.
           
Edinburgh is also a beautiful city with a castle, a palace and a cathedral, wealthy homes, horrible slums, fine restaurants, fast food outlets and idiosyncratic pubs. It is home to an Olympic size pool, the National Rugby Team and two famous football teams. What more could I, or my characters, want?
           
Val penny
I am an American author living in SW Scotland. I have two adult daughters of whom I am justly proud and live with my husband and two cats. I have a Law degree from Edinburgh University and my MSc from Napier University.
           
I have had many jobs including hairdresser, waitress, lawyer, banker, azalea farmer and lecturer. However I have not yet achieved either of my childhood dreams of being a ballerina or owning a candy store. Until those dreams come true, I have turned my hand to writing poetry, short stories and novels. My first crime novel, 'Hunter's Chase' was published by Crooked Cat Books on 02.02.2018. I am now writing the sequel, 'Hunter's Revenge'.

You can buy Hunter's Chase HERE


Fabulous! Thank you for coming today, Val. I wish you the very best for sales of Hunter's Chase and the best for all of your future writing.

Slainthe! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. Please pop your thoughts about this post in the comment box. :-)