Wednesday 4 September 2024

Off on a Historical Novelist Society Conference Adventure

Good Morning,

Dartington Hall - Wikimedia Commons








The sun isn't shining where I live but, since I'm off on an adventure which will lead me to the south coast of England, Aberdeenshire weather isn't what I'll experience in the coming days. I can tell you now that my smile is wide since I'm really looking forward to meeting up with lots of author colleagues that I only interact with online. It'll be wonderful to see some of them face--to-face for the first time and others to see them again in-the-flesh! 

This time the event is organised by the Historical Novel Society. The venue for this year's UK get together is Dartington Hall, Devon. However, my route to the venue will not be a direct one since I'm taking the opportunity to do a tiny bit of sightseeing both before and after the (mainly) 2- day event.

The first leg of my journey today will be down to Edinburgh, since it wasn't possible to get a flight directly from Aberdeen (my nearest airport) to Exeter (the nearest airport to the venue). Since my flight was initially supposed to be an early one at 06.20 hrs on Thursday 5th Sept., I booked a hotel airport for tonight. My scheduled flight will now not take off till 11.00 hrs but that's still okay since it's only a 1.5 hour flight time.

The weather report prediction isn't great for the south coast of England but I do hope it won't be snowy as it is in this image! All will be revealed. 

Look out for updates...

Slainthe!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. Please pop your thoughts about this post in the comment box. :-)