Wednesday 7 August 2024

Romantic Novelist Association Conference 2024!

Hello!

This coming weekend I'll be flying off to pastures new.

Going to a writers' conference isn't a novelty for me, since I've attended a number of Scottish Association of Writers Conferences, and I've also attended one of the UK Historical Novelist Society Conferences, all of which have been in Scotland. These were easy travel situations as I could drive to the venue.

However, The Romantic Novelist Association Conference is being held at Royal Holloway College (London University), Egham, about a 20 minute taxi ride from Heathrow Airport. Flying from Aberdeen, Scotland, to Heathrow makes sense even though it's years since I've been on a plane. 

Though going to the RNA Conference will be a first for me, I won't feel too much of a newbie since I'll be there with a number of my Scottish RNA author friends. There's a contingent of around 8 authors heading down so I'm very much looking forward to being with them. We meet regularly on Zoom sessions and make an effort to organise lunches at least a couple of times a year, the best venues for that being Edinburgh or Glasgow, easiest for most of us to get to.

Royal Holloway College











Unlike most of my fellow Scottish RNA author friends, I don't have the added stress of attending 1-2-1 interviews with industry personnel like Agents and Publishers. At the moment, I'm quite content being a member of Ocelot Press and self-publishing therefore not looking for either agent or publisher. It means I won't have to sneak away from any of the sessions I opt in to attending and can enjoy the full experience. 

Updates to follow about this fabulous old venue after I've been! 

Slainte!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. Please pop your thoughts about this post in the comment box. :-)