Friday 17 May 2024

5 * reviews are coming in already for Novice Threads!

Hello!

It's Friday, two days after the launch of Novice Threads, and the reviews are coming in! 










Yarde Book Reviews and Promotions has posted a tremendously perceptive 5* review. I'm so gratified when a reader tells me that they love my characters, even those who have terrible flaws. It's a long review with loads to say about the book and, yes, I'm very relieved it has been enjoyed very much. 

You can read the Full Review Here

Here are some of the highlights...

"Readers will be captivated by the poignant tale of the lasting bonds of friendship formed in childhood. Novice Threads (Silver Sampler Series, Book 1) by Nancy Jardine is a truly wonderful book. Right from the start, I was mesmerized by the enthralling plot and the intricately crafted characters. This is a book that demands to be read in one sitting.

...The historical backdrop of this novel has been meticulously studied. The first part of the novel is set in Milnathort, where there is seemingly little opportunity for its inhabitants. The textile mills, where certain characters are employed, paid little attention to health and safety. The poverty depicted is a sombre reminder of the time the book is set in, and the landlords’ treatment of their tenants is abhorrent. Empathy and common decency seem to go out the window when money is involved. The story later moves to Edinburgh, where once again the author has demonstrated her skill at creating a realistic historical backdrop for her novel. I thought the depiction of both Milnathort and Edinburgh were masterfully portrayed.

...All the secondary characters in this book play a crucial role in driving the narrative forward. 

...From the very first sentence to the final full stop, Novice Threads by Nancy Jardine captivated me with its emotionally charged storytelling. With a realistic historical backdrop, Jardine has created a story that is as impossible to put down as it is to forget. This is a story that will stay with me for a very long time. I cannot wait to read the next book in what promises to be an enthralling series."

Please click the link to read the full review- I don't think you'll be disappointed. Personally, I'm over the moon! 

My thanks again to Yarde Book Reviews and Promotions for the excellent insights into my novel. 

Look out for other reviews being highlighted in the coming days.

Till then, happy reading! 

SlĂ inte! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. Please pop your thoughts about this post in the comment box. :-)