Monday 14 October 2019

Publishing update!

It's Monday Again!

The day started off in deep gloomy mist but thankfully it improved by mid-morning, so that was a very visible progress.

What's a less visible progress is that my formatting of all of my novels is progressing slowly. To improve the chances of getting paperback versions of my novels into local, and global, bookstores requires them to be published by more than just Amazon. As such, I'm currently working my way through new versions using the necessary formatting specifications for Ingram Spark publishing. 

Unfortunately, my formatted templates used for Createspace don't quite fit the guidelines for Ingram Spark so making suitable ones has become my present focus. That does mean an interruption, yet again, to my writing in progress - Book 5 of my Celtic Fervour Saga Series. 

I've so far done 4 out of 8 novels and would have done a bit more yesterday and today had I not spent some time at my very first SNP political conference. I don't often post about my political leanings on this blog but the political climate in the UK is hugely problematic, so I'm bending my usual today.

I'm always of the opinion that there's always something new to learn every day and I've certainly added a few new pieces of knowledge as a Visitor Member at the conference. The most important thing so far has been that I have been walking next to/ standing next to/ and even sitting on the tiered seating in the conference hall right beside people who represent Scotland in the Scottish Parliament and in the Westminster Government.

Since Tommy Sheppard (M.P.)  greeted me as I stepped in the main doors of the new P&J live arena in Aberdeen I have felt very much at ease with those people who day-in day-out are on our TV screens keeping the impetus up for Scottish Independence
(B.T.W.I'm inclined to ignore that said Tommy Sheppard was handing out leaflets encouraging people to vote for him because he greeted me with a huge smile and a very polite Good Afternoon) 


This afternoon's speech from Education Secretary John Swinney went down extremely well as did the incredible impassioned speech from a 'Catalan Scot' who spoke so stirringly about solidarity with Catalonia. to be updated about the imprisonment for the leaders who organised the referendum in Catalonia almost two years ago was a shocker. The sentences meted out, whether calling it sedition or rebellion, were incredibly harsh. 

So to more formatting tonight for me, and then to me listening to the speech tomorrow from our First Minister of the Scottish Parliament , Nicola Sturgeon. There are a few other sessions I intend to join to get updates on as well.

Slainthe!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. Please pop your thoughts about this post in the comment box. :-)