Sunday 9 September 2018

#Events - A BP Connections Ladies' Group presentation

Author events! 

Announcing my author events should be a regular feature on this blog, but till now I've been extremely lazy about keeping this current and up-to-date. Sometimes, I might make a mention of a FOCUS Craft Fair that I've attended in a blog post, but I actually do a  lot more 'author events' than that over the course of a year. They say it's never too late to start, so here's a mention of my next author event...

Tomorrow, Monday 10th September 2018, I'll be out early (ish) to drive the 15 or so miles south to Cults near Aberdeen where I'm booked to give an author presentation to a Ladies' Group named BP Connections.

I've never been to the venue before, but Greenridge House is a mansion house near Aberdeen which was bought  by BP ( British Petroleum) in the 1970s. It's still owned by them, although with the downturn in oil and gas revenues this last decade, I believe they might sell it to me if I had a spare two million pounds, or so.

I'm really looking forward to meeting the ladies attending who, this time, want me to talk about my writing journey, my books and the historical backdrop to my historical novels.

I'm always impressed by these keen attendees of groups who meet at 10 a.m. of a Monday morning, once or twice a month. This isn't my first Monday group and won't be my last since I've another one booked soon, but I'll give details of that later on.

In an attempt to be more regular about this I'm going to add a tab to the top of my blog entitled 'EVENTS'. (I might need a nudge or two to remember to keep that current).

Slainthe!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. Please pop your thoughts about this post in the comment box. :-)