Thursday 16 August 2018

Why reviews boost the spirits!


Thursday Greetings to you.

My morning was considerately brightened when I popped onto my Goodreads page. I don't check the site regularly, but I do use it when I have a review to post for a book that I've recently read.  Last week, I added a batch of reviews of books I'd read during the precious weeks, but didn't have time to see if any had been added for my own novels.

This morning I checked, mainly because The Beltane choice has been on a special FREE promotion on Amazon from last Saturday to Tuesday 14th, and is at a special price of 99p for today. To date, reviews following a FREE promotion have never yet come to me but I live in hope.

To my surprise I found a lovely 5 * review for Monogamy Twist. It's only a couple of sentences but they are so welcome because that reader cared to spend a few moments writing them. 

My thanks to the reviewer.

Here's what she had to say: 



"A wonderful story packed with intrigue and romantic tension. I was immediately drawn to the mystery surrounding the house and its tangled secrets and enjoyed the way they were revealed."

It reminds me that I finished reading a novel a couple of days ago, and need to go off now to write and post my appreciation in a review on Goodreads and Amazon for it! It also adds another book to my Reading Challenge for 2018 which I'm very slightly behind with. 

Slainthe! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. Please pop your thoughts about this post in the comment box. :-)