Friday 2 March 2012

Going Places

What prompted the idea for TAKE ME NOW? A few years ago a family member had planned a birthday surprise for her nearest and dearest-a seaplane round trip of the Scottish Islands. I thought it was a marvellous idea and jumped on the bandwagon. Instead of one person doing the jaunt, 9 of us (daughters, hubbies etc), hired a seaplane and made it into a long weekend return trip. We overnighted at Oban on the west coast of Scotland, included a chartered boat tour of the nearest islands during the afternoon, and had a fabulous dinner together. The idea of TAKE ME NOW dawned. I've got my cover, blurb, excerpt, and all I need is that release date.  
Our plane trip starting from Glasgow.

Travel in the book is not confined to the Scottish islands but I'm sharing a few neat little photos from that trip I've just mentioned.
This first one looks like a bit of heavy cloud in the background? - It's not but you'll have to wait and read the book to find out what it REALLY was.


Typical Scottish weather for June it was not all clear blue skies but the views were tremendous. Although I have flown in a small aircraft (15 seater) and had a balloon trip I'd never flown so close to the ground. The advantage of a seaplane trip, for me, was seeing the details below so clearly. No photo of me available, I'm afraid, but viewing from the co-pilots seat was amazing!


You can see where the castle in TAKE ME NOW came from!

3 comments:

  1. Those are great pictures, Nancy. Not sure I'd be as brave as you were, flying on a small plane (especially since I tend to have some problems with motion sickness), but I do love hearing of others' adventures. Think I've already told you that the cover of "Take Me Now" is gorgeous and, like you, I can't wait to learn what your release date is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pics, Nancy! When I was young I went on a tour of the British Isles, which included several days traveling through Scotland. Been over thirty years, but I still have fond memories of that trip.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please pop your thoughts about this post in the comment box. :-)