It's competition time...my sort of...and posting lasts till Saturday 27th. August 2011.
I've got loads to celebrate..so please come in and help me, pick up your glass of champers and let's party!
Big chance for one of you lovely people to win an ebook copy of 'Monogamy Twist' since it's release day today. All the lucky winner has to do is read on and write a post giving me the best ideas of moving forward. You know, ideas like-where to post my new promo video( link below), what to do next to get reviews, where I should keep looking for reviews, etc.. Don't understand me? Don't worry...neither do I... but please just read on.
Ever had a night where you just don't sleep? Something exciting is going to happen the next day and it turns over and over in your mind and you just lie there and groan. Okay...groans are caused by all sorts of reasons...but let's stick with the 'I just can't stop the movie in my head' type. Well, strangely enough, I was pretty sure I wasn't going to sleep a wink last night since-(yipee! I'm doing cartwheels)- today is the release day for my ebook version of 'Monogamy Twist'. Excitement was building last night, the waiting time was nearly over, nearly but not quite...you get the drift.
But, guess what? I read for a couple of hours from a real paper historical romance and then...slept like a baby. And does anyone out there have any idea why?
Exhaustion is a pretty good word for why.
1) In the last ten days or so I've sold some of my lovely, shiny, brand new, (specially signed) print copies of my first ever book. Oh, there's a sigh of sheer relief and an 'I've done it!' squeal.
2)I've gone through the wonderful 'Helping Authors to Promote' leaflet and worked my way through as many of those ideas as I can. (Big thanks coming to TWRP for that) Lots of ticks still to go though.
3) I created a website for myself. (Pretty simple but all my own work so far)
4) The last few days I've spent learning how to make a book trailer and got it onto Youtube. I can hardly believe it, feel such an incredible sense of...achievement...for I'm not exactly computer literate. (Again almost all my own work. Hubby had to help a little bit with techno talk though and load up Movie Maker. Oh well...)
5) I've managed to follow (just a little) on my author loop at TWRP. Loked at peoples' blogs, commented just a tiny little...
6) My WIP has only had a little dabbling, and I'm desperate to get back to it. Oh dear!
7) But I have also helped paint the nursery in advance of the arrival of my very first grandchild-due date one week from now. I have to be totally honest and say helping my very pregnant daughter... tops the list every time... and that's where I'm off to again for a little break from the eyestrain of b
eing on the laptop.
Maybe THAT'S why I'm exhausted.
I don't know how all you lovely authors out there do this stuff all the time!!! I'm so impressed with the energy some of you guys have.
So...come right in and help me celebrate the release of my ebook today by posting me the greatest suggestions for what I should concentrate on next. Ahem...that is apart from being active on this very static BLOG so far... It's one of those ticks not yet achieved.
One ebook of 'Monogamy Twist' all ready to go... Look forward to hearing from you and a big thanks in advance.
Slainthe! (that's a very big CHEERS from me)