Sunday 7 August 2016

5 *****Stars for The Taexali game!

Good morning Sunday! 

I just noticed this wonderful, totally honest, 5 star review for The Taexali Game on Amazon.


Format: Paperback Verified Purchase
Being a fan of Simon Scarrow & Bernard Cornwell's historical novels, I loved Nancy Jardine's Celtic Fervour series. When I started this novel I will admit that it was a slight struggle for the first couple of chapters as the writer very cleverly introduced the concept of the ultimate role playing interactive simulation game. However, once the teenagers were transported back in time to the Roman attempt to take control of the North East of Scotland, then I was immediately hooked. As usual, Nancy's characterisation is fantastic and the action never stops. You are gripped and have read the next chapter.

Although this is sort of aimed at teenagers I would recommend this for all lovers of historical novels - just persevere with it if you are an old fart like me and some of this first chapter(s) goes over your head!


Thank you Mr. Peacock.

Slainthe! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. Please pop your thoughts about this post in the comment box. :-)